Thursday, 17 May 2007

Meant to be

So last night I got to worship at the altar that is my new niece. She is just the littlest and tiniest and cutest thing alive.
She is 10 days old and her parents are still going on adrenaline. At the moment she is sleeping in 3 or 4 hour stretches and they have her routine down so that they only have to get up once in the night.
My sister and brother-in-law are so made for each other. They are Seriously the best couple I know. They constantly ask each other's advice. They are only happy doing something if the other can share in the experience. My B-I-L is absolutely dreading going back to work next week and my sister is also trying not to think about it. Get this - she LIKES getting up in the middle of the night for the 3 am feed. AND - at the 6am feed she gets up and just may as well stay up! This from a woman who, if she didn't get her 9 -10 hours, could get a little snitty. It is so wonderful to see them so happy, and in love, and just being SO perfect for each other. They really are two halves of a whole and I GET REALLY JEALOUS but only in a loving sisterly way. They are enchantingly unsmug about how lucky they are.

No comments: