Thursday, 17 May 2007

A discussion on why I like Winter

I whinge just as much as the next person when daylight savings ends and the coats get dragged out of the hall closet - but secretly I am loving it.
Winter to me encompasses all my favourite things...roaring fires, crisp cold days, walks in the park kicking the leaves around, comfort food, woolly jersies and cats snuggled on your lap. Is there anything more fun? Yes I am a secret Nana at heart.
For some reason winter always reminds me of childhood....lying in front of the fire reading the latest Babysitter's Club - never far away from a bowl of Sour Cream and Chives O'Ryans....listening to Hawkes Bay play Wairarapa Bush (and losing probably) with Dad, who would be sipping on a Steinlager.
I am looking forward to the day when I can enjoy winter days with my own wee family!

No comments: