Friday, 18 January 2008

Girls girls girls

So this weekend I am pootling up to Auckland (or as we like to call it, Auckalofa) for a myriad of reasons, number one being it's my besties' birthdays on Sat and Mon and I feel the need to celebrate with them; number two being that I have a ticket to the Pol-ees and Fergie Ferg on Saturday; number three being that I haven't been out of Tauranga since before Christmas and I'm feeling the need to leave my comfort zone; number four being that it's a nice 2.5 hour drive and the little Golf is going to get a workout.
So there you have it. I am very much looking forward to a fun weekend of hanging with my oldest friends in the sun singing 80's tunes.

In other news, life at my humble abode has brightened considerably with the arrival of a temporary flatmate. Another bestie has arrived back from the UK and is doing some locum work here and needs a place to stay. She is a better flatmate than Basil, because she empties the dishwasher and gets my washing in, and doesn't eat cicadas in full view of everyone. We have conversations like this:
"Ohmygod I love that nailpolish, where did you get it?"
"I got it sent over from London, it's the latest cool colour!" (Russian Navy by OPI FYI)
"Oh can I please borrow it? You can borrow my ones. Let's pool our nail polishes!"
"Oooh I like that orange one. It looks really good on tanned feet."
"I wore that one to the races this year. It chips really badly though."
"I never get chips, it's because I take silica."
"Silica you say? I tried it but it didn't work...I take a multi."
"I reckon you should try magnesium too if you're going to the gym this year."
"Do you think? Oh my god is that Scarlett Johansson? She is so boring."
"Urgh I hate her. Do you reckon Nicole Richie has had work done?"

and so on. These conversations, involving beauty routines, celebrities, weddings, people we know and boys, last approximately 10 hours, and even Basil escapes outside to find a bloke to have a beer with so we can't paint his claws bright pink. It's the best.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

And, and, and...

How was the concert?!?!?