Monday, 7 January 2008

Gliding along

I have spent the last few days under an aura of acceptance and patience, which is my little project for the coming year. All too often I worry and fuss and judge and get all wound up - "You're like a coiled spring!" my ex would say to me.
So far, it is going well. I'm just cruising along, seeing what happens, taking the joy of out tiny situations.

Like this morning. Basil was doing his morning perve at me in the shower when he discovered a furry black thing hanging off his backside (his tail). He proceeded to gently pat it with one paw for about 5 minutes. I love it when the first thing you do in the morning is laugh.

On Friday, I met up with a friend and we took a bottle of wine and some takeaways down to Pilot Bay, the western side of Mount Maunganui, and watched the sunset. It cost us $20, and was fantastic.

On Saturday, I found the coolest pair of shoes, black leather sandals with gold dome things, all Roman styles, and they were $50, down from $220. I grinned for about half an hour.
At lunchtime I'm going into town to buy the CD of Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, and tonight, I'm going to sit on my deck by the candlelight and listen to it. Life is good.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Sounds like a good weekend!

Photos of the sandals?