Friday, 31 August 2007

Things that have made me smile this week

  • Hearing my boss (male) call kiwifruit “teddy bear eggs”. Is that not the cutest thing you’ve ever heard? I liked it.
  • Basil taking the plunge and coming to snooze up by my head (normally he’s almost falling off the end).
  • Seeing the buds on my trees (my! trees) come out
  • Watching JD and Turk discuss Marmaduke on Scrubs. I am already a fan of Marmaduke hater Joe Mathlete so it was nice to know that it has now gone global.
  • Hearing that my mother’s recent hospital visits turned out to be nothing too serious, but a complication of shingles damaging her nerves down deep. Apparently this is the most painful thing ever and listening to her crying on the phone is not something I wish to repeat often.
  • Cooking perfect blueberry muffins last night. Seriously, they were so good, I took a photo. Which I am not going to post, because it’s just a photo of muffins.
  • My car passed its Warrant of Fitness after failing its last one. The car is 17 years old so it’s amazing that it hasn’t fallen to bits!
  • Realising that I am often too hard on myself and the only person worried about me, is me, so really, I should stop.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Sounds like a good week!

I'm a new fan of Scrubs and we're in the middle of Season 1 on DVD. Love it!

Blueberry muffins sound good. Then again, I'm in the mood for fall and warm comfort foods.

Have a good weekend Aims.