Wednesday, 13 June 2007

An Interlude

So while we wait with baited breath for news on the house we interrupt things with a commercial.

I have started reading this book. I am not normally a preachy, spiritual, new-agey kind of person (make that never). But this book is about the power of Positive Thinking, something that, having depression, I battle with. Most of my thoughts go like this: Wow, that would be so fun to do but I'm sure that it will go wrong, or, I am in a really good space right now, what could go wrong here? And the funny thing is, the more I think about what could go wrong, what I most fear does actually come to pass.

I know this isn't news to most people but I have found it enlightening (and I'm only up to Chapter 2).

Here's an example of how things work in my mind. When I met my ex we were very happy, and I would go and see him on the farm, and we were all great. But eventually I started worrying that it wasn't going to work out, and I would stress that he didn't like me as much as I liked him yadayadayada. So my tension spilled over into our relationship....and we started arguing over stupid things. All over nothing.

Now if I had thought positively and let things be what they were, and just enjoyed the moment, it may have worked out. Not that I regret that it didn't because we were definitely not suited anyway!

I am looking forward to continuing with this book, and applying the principles to my mindset. I sound like the converted don't I! But as Mum said - It can't do any harm. I suggest you read it!

>PS

No comments: